Happy New Year to all our readers. We are thinking of you all and hope you are keeping safe.
Please find the December 2020 issue of the Stroke Horizon Scanning Bulletin below.
- Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation: Looking Forward
- ReStore Soft Exo-Suit for gait rehabilitation: Medtech innovation briefing [MIB239]
- COVID-19 associated arterial ischaemic stroke and multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children: a case report
- Age in relation to comorbidity and outcome in patients with high-risk TIA or minor ischemic stroke: A Swedish national observational study
- Safety and Outcome of Decompressive Hemicraniectomy After Recombinant Tissue Plasminogen Activator Thrombolysis for Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Systematic Review
- Venous and arterial thromboembolic events with immune checkpoint inhibitors: A systematic review
- Prevalence of atrial fibrillation and outcomes in older long-term care residents: a systematic review.
- Multivariable risk scores for predicting short term outcomes for emergency department patients with unexplained syncope: a systematic review
- Long-Term Efficacy of Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy on Lower Limb Post-Stroke Spasticity: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials.
- Interventions for improving oral health in people after stroke
- Fluoxetine for stroke recovery improvement – the doubleblind, randomised placebo-controlled FOCUS-Poland trial
- Five-Year Risk of Acute Myocardial Infarction After Acute Ischemic Stroke in Korea.
- Urate, Blood Pressure, and Cardiovascular Disease: Evidence From Mendelian Randomization and Meta-Analysis of Clinical Trials
- Heterogeneity of diabetes as a risk factor for major adverse cardiovascular events in anticoagulated patients with atrial fibrillation: an analysis of the ARISTOTLE trial 19
- Iron chelators for acute stroke
- Blood pressure targets in adults with hypertension
- Effects of low sodium diet versus high sodium diet on blood pressure, renin, aldosterone, catecholamines, cholesterol, and triglyceride
- Does coronavirus cause stroke? A look at the current research
- Stroke risk, phenotypes, and death in COVID-19: Systematic review and newly reported cases
- Clinical Characteristics of Stroke with COVID-19: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Patterns of Infarction on MRI in Patients With Acute Ischemic Stroke and Cardio-Embolism: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Antiphospholipid Antibody and Recurrent Ischemic Stroke: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Quality of Stroke Patient Information Applied in Randomized Controlled Trials-Literature Review
- A systematic review of social service and community resource interventions following stroke
- The Association of Overt and Subclinical Hyperthyroidism with the Risk of Cardiovascular Events and Cardiovascular Mortality: Meta-Analysis and Systematic Review of Cohort Studies
- Scientists test new “algorithm” to help prevent heart attacks
- Symptoms of depression linked to increased risk of heart disease and stroke
- People with heart and circulatory conditions at higher risk of dying from flu
- Trial resumes to prevent dementia after a stroke
- Scientists discover why the heart slows down at night
- The BHF’s research highlights of 2020
- THROMBOLYSIS IN UNKNOWN STROKE ONSET: BROADENING THE HORIZON WITH ADVANCED BRAIN IMAGING
If anyone needs a different format to a word document, please get in touch with us.